Subject: Re: Cloud of objects into logo
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 1996 01:19:36 -0800

On Wed, 6 Mar 1996, Elliot Bain <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>         Yeah, I could do that, but the effect I'm trying to achieve is more
>> like: There's this huge cloud of objects, and when you get far enough away 
>>from it you realize it's in the form of the logo.  (Kind of cliche', 
>>actually.)
>> 
>>         Hmmm, stated that way it seems kinda easy...>8^\
>
>You could generate a cloud of point polys and then use your logo as a boolean 
>to cut out the points that intersect within your logo.

	Indeed, that's what I meant by the "easy" comment.  This would get me
much closer, maybe 85% of the way. Moving the camera thru them would give most 
of action required.

>
>Elliot Bain
******************************************************************************
** [email-masked]                     |  Synergy Graphix & Animation   **
** Welcome to Seattle!  Have a latte'!     | Technical Subjects a Specialty!**
** Don't make me force it down your throat.|     "OK!  Wind the frog!"      **